Established in 1994 by Master Hwa Sun Myung, Master Myung's Taekwondo Academy has become a leader in the Taekwondo community. Our goal is simple: to offer the very best in Taekwondo Instruction. We pride ourselves on the level of our expertise, care and nurturing. All of our instructors are carefully hand picked and trained by Master Myung, many of which are past champions and have dedicated much of their lives to this sport. It is with this dedication and care that we can offer classes in which we teach using positive reinforcement techniques to build upon a student's self-esteem and morale, in a fun, safe, disciplined and structured environment. Whether you are novice, expert, young, or mature, we offer classes that will challenge your level.
Master Myung is a certified 7th Dan World Taekwondo Federation Black Belt that has held many exclusive Taekwondo positions and titles:
- President of the Ontario Taekwondo Association
- WTF of Canada Tournament Committee Chair Person
- Vice President of the Ontario Taekwondo Association
- 6x Canadaian National Team Coach and Trainer
- Ontario Taekwondo Team Manager
- Head of Senior Ontario Team
- Korean Military Champion
- Bodyguard of Korean Presidential Candidates
- Guest demonstrator on CBC Sports Weekend, CTV and City TV
The Academy currently has 7 locations: Markham East, Markham West, North York, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Stouffville and Thornhill.
Master Myung is known for his high quality instruction and producing many exceptional instructors, students, black belts and champions. For many years, our school has received the award for Best Martial Arts School in York Region. After one visit, you will know why many are saying that this is the most positive academy to study Taekwondo.